Monday, March 3, 2008

Can you hear me now ?

Received a call from my honor-roll student (my neice). She described a situation faced in school that was difficult for her to handle. As she shared her experience and I moved the telephone around attempting to obtain a good signal I realized how similar we are to these cellies. Neice-girl is going through that phase when you have to really move around to find that signal that will keep you connected. When we are out of range we often feel inoperable. It's great to have our batteries recharged and our signal stregnth on full, yet a lot of time we need to plug back in because we have been operating on low signals and batteries leading to difficult situations. Receiving this call from her charged my batteries. I'm needed. My family needs me around as well as my family. My extanded family values me as well as my kids do. Listening to her problems solved my problems of inadequate feelings. Plugging into one's family recharges and renews. Plug in and be renewed.

1 comment:

Sean said...

I hear you.

Talking about REcharge. I just came back to London from spending two weeks home with the Fams.

Carol and I spent a week with friends and a week in a nice resort.

While I was just thinking to have a party, Quiana had the great Idea to have a baby shower. It was the best baby shower I'd been to. (The only one.)

Carol was cherished, gifted and adored by my Blood and she Truly appreciates it. I think the experience was a transforming one for her.

Personally. I could cry for having come home to my folks. People came from up the coast and down the coast, just to see us and celebrate the baby. (We're having a girl, by the way.)

Carol was very touched by the outpouring of Love and affection.

Coming home and being around Family was very heart warming.

I miss you guys.