Thursday, January 10, 2008

Looking Fab !


Lady-girl (Yea, I have some strange names for folk) loves dressing up. Yesterday her Mother-Grandma brought over some clothes that little one received during the holy-days/holidays. Rukiya put them on and stated in her sing-songly voice "Some Body's Looking Fabulous ! I need to be a model for these clothes." Little does she know that she is my model. I now judge women by my daughter. I meet someone and think "Is this the type of woman I'd want my lil'-girl to be ?" "Is this woman going to be someone my daughter will look up too ?" "Should Rukiya dress like her when she gets older ?" "How will I protect my girl from women who act like this ?"
I have friends who share photos of hot-chics and I can't enjoy the photos/videos anymore as I keep thinking "This is someones daughter...... I'd have-ta kill a muther..... if they tried to take this photo of Rukiya." (Of course Angela Bassett, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Rosario Dawson, Rosie Perez, Lucy Lu, and the hot-wife on the Bernie Mack Show all get the exception to the rule pass) The funny thing is... this experience is not a kill-joy, it's more of a feel-joy. I'm joyful when I walk into the house and she runs full speed toward me screaming "Daddy's Home !"
Watching fools get caught on "Predator" for wanting to be with lil' girls is now something I can no longer stand. Bang City has a song called "Time To Kill" that has an excellent chorus of "Pedophiles don't make it to trial, it's time to kill like Samuel (pronounced as Sam-You-Wild)." I second that emotion. God might not forgive me for the murder, but God gotta' understand. Being a Dad, a conscious Dad, has it's share of fears; devout fears that the thing that bring one so much joy might be tarnished. Having children that behave well and achieve is icing on the cake. Baby-girl you look Fab, but you make a Daddy feel complete.

No comments: