Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hating on Santa Claus



Now I don't dig this St. Nick thing....... If it wasn't for my wifey our home wouldn't have the big heavy dude. Mywife complained one year "You're taking away the Joy in Christmas !" I replied "Isn't the Joy in Christmas the celebration of the birth of Christ ?" ........ With that carefully prepared retort I thought I'd won this one, she being the supa-Christian............................ I still lost.....
Seven years later....... I shared with the sun-son "I want to get your mum a 'Wii' (the video gaming system). So I looked and looked, everywhere was sold out. No worries, the back-up gift King was en-la-casa ! Her 19th (ha-ha) born-day was coming in mid. January and I'd get the console for that date...............
Jan. was not good to a brotha'. I couldn't find it. Target was out of stock. The Wal-Mart staff kept laughing at me. GameStop advised "Wait until 1/20. We'll have some then." No love.
Jan. 3rd - Sun-son asks "Why didn't you write it on the Christmas list. I got everything I asked for on my list (I know, I paid), my sister got almost everything she wanted from her list and a whole lot more. Santa would have gotten' it for you."
Jan. 5th "Dad, I told you should have written Santa."
Jan. 9th "Dad, you really should listen to me sometimes."
Jan. 11th "Dad, did you find it yet ? I bet Santa could find one."
Jan. 12th "I'm really mad Dad, I was looking forward to that Wii. Mum would have loved playing with me. You should have...." (His mouth now covered by my your-on-my-last-nerve-hand).
Jan. 15th (After the Wifey's bornday). "Dad, can I have a Wii for my birthday since you missed Mommy's birthday ? You could put it on an early Christmas list.....Dad.....Are you listening to me Dad ?......Dad !
I hate Santa.

No comments: