Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is Our Children Learning?

I realized today that Eva has outgrown her current day care. She's in a Montessori school that is a half-day program. Today she helped bake bread and also ice-skated on grass (we just had snow and ice and there's still a layer of ice on the ground in many places). Since its a half-day program, she goes to a day care center in the afternoons and the woman that runs the center there lets the kids watch TV.

On our car trip home from the babysitters, Eva regaled me with a tale of how Clorox, Lysol and Dreamworks all were fighting to see who was the best. Apparently Lysol won because it got all the votes and then they all ate yellow flower petals.

2 comments:

PJ-365 said...

Hiya, I think it is great that you started this blog. It's good to see guys who love and take care of their kids. Hey, I noticed in your profile that you are interested in DJ'ing. Are you a DJ? I aspire to become a DJ and would welcome any tips. Also, I didn't see a followers' link - I would follow, but I can't.

Walter said...

@ PJ

BOth Seko and I DJ. Seko was one of my DJ Mentors and I still think he's waaay beter than me.

This being said, I think nowadays to be a good DJ, learn to be a good entertainer. The technical skills (mixing, scratching, smooth blending, etc.) will come with practice, but the entertainment part - the ability to influence people's mood and acticities with the things you say/do is what makes you special.