Friday, December 21, 2007

Huggies !

From Seko:
Today I spent time with my 'lady-girl' the entire day. Raising a daughter is scary. I worry every time that this 6 year old wants me to pick her up and I tell her 'no'. I'm trying to limit her baby-time as she semi-often behaviorally retreats to infant acts. As we were watching "Enchanted" she became semi-scared when the dragon appeared and jumped into my arms. Rukiya whimpered "I'm scared Daddy" although I knew she really wanted some huggie-time. Teachable moment or huggable moment.... I chose the hug. 5 minutes later I finally placed her back into her seat and caught a glimpse of the secure-smile on her face. I whispered to her "If you want a hug you don't have to act scared. Rukiya looked at me and said "I know Daddy.".......Daddy was foiled again ! I laughed on the inside, and actually out-loud during a really inappropriate point on the movie, causing everyone in the theatre to giving me their versions of the evil eye. Thinking to myself "They can kiss my heel." I kissed my daughter on the forehead. I'm thinking: Daddy is scared sometimes too. I'm scared about the Thugism that has affected the influential big brothers who are impressing an acceptable criminal mentality upon the young boys who will soon be Rukiya's suitors. I'm scared about all the soon-to-be masculinated females who are her current classmates and friends. I'm worried about the culture of Islam-hating that has developed in the USA as well as the threat of extreme-radical-Muslims. I'm worried that at some point Ms. Sunshine will appear and I'll do something to jeopardize my family over some mind-blowing sex (or at least the expectation of such). I'm scared that as a 39 year old male, I've left the best years of my life behind me and will truly never be financially stable. I'm scared that as much as I love "Yeshua (Jesus) The Christ" I'll never like going to church. I'm scared that I'll never be the father that my father was or surpass his legacy of fatherhood. I'm scared and she acts like she's scared. I guess I need that huggie as much as she wants the huggie. Huggies to you !

No comments: